Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's Day dinner

Jamie and I had a few of our friends over for Valentine's Day last weekend. We figured it would be more fun and a way to beat the crowds on a Saturday night. The menu included Cheese Soup, Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Asparagus with almonds, Potatoes Duchess and our friend Manda made a frozen Chocolate Mousse dessert. It was all very yummy. I have to give major kudos to my hubby for making most of the meal. He took a French cooking class a few years ago and made pretty much everything from recipes from his class. I was the kitchen helper and did what I was told to do. =) It turned out really great...he can cook for me anytime! We ate dinner and then afterward played the game "Would You Rather?" It was pretty entertaining and definitely had its share of hilarious moments. The best part came at the end of the game when I had to do a "challenge" and pick from one of the choices on the card. The other players had to pick one person for me to exchange socks with til the end of the game. So our friend Joe was the lucky one to switch socks with me! He had to put on my cute Valentine's socks with the X's and O's on them. Luckily, everyone had to go shortly after and I only had to wear his socks for a short period of time!

No comments: