Monday, February 2, 2009

Cracked Rib?

So the latest in my health issues...I drove home this past weekend to celebrate my mom's birthday in Chicago. Before going to bed Friday night, I started coughing and felt something pop or crack on my right side, near my back. Earlier in the week I had had a coughing attack that left me with a pulled muscle in my back on the right side. I don't know for sure, but I think I may have cracked my rib. It hurt like crazy after I felt the pop and I was out of commission for most of the weekend. We were going to a spa on Saturday to get facials and I was going to get a massage but after Friday night, I decided to get a pedicure instead so it wouldn't leave me more injured. I've been sleeping on my back since Friday night which stinks since I'm a side sleeper, and I still have a lingering cough from the pneumonia and it hurts every time I cough. Thank goodness for Ibuprofen and leftover codeine cough syrup from being sick.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Rachel! Have you seen a doctor - is it for sure a cracked rib? I've never heard of anyone coughing so hard before! Bless your heart.