Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wii Party

So we went to a Wii party tonight with our Sunday School class. We started going to the Young Marrieds class at Johnston E Free Church in January and so far we like it pretty well. We're trying to meet and get to know some more people so we decided to go to the Wii party. It was at the home of our Sunday School leaders, a couple from church, and they had 4 Wii's set up in the house. There was even a bracket someone made to figure out how the tournament would work. Unfortunately, we arrived a little late (30 minutes) because I took a nap this afternoon and didn't start to make the treat I was making (Oreo balls) until 5:30. I didn't remember that they had to sit in the freezer for an hour to get hard or that it would actually take us 20 minutes to drive to their house. I am such a poor time planner sometimes. I don't intentionally do it, I just don't think about how long some things take. Anyhow, we got there at 7 instead of 6:30 but everyone loved the Oreo balls so that was good. And Jamie did pretty well at the Wii tournament. I won my first game, but lost the next two so I was out. He won all his games except the semi-final game which was bowling and then lost. Guess he needs to practice that at my mom's house on her Wii the next time we go there. We hope they liked us and want to be our friends!

No comments: